You can take control no matter your stage of life!
Have you heard of Swedish death cleaning? It’s not about finding out what items “sparks joy” but rather making sure we’re not leaving a mess behind for those we love. Surprisingly, doing this can lead to treasures and experiences to be enjoyed now!
We also got into the nitty gritty of the green end-of-life options, what you can do about it now, and why you may want to reconsider what you think you know about your choices.
Disclaimer: We are not lawyers, and this shouldn’t be taken as legal advice. And remember that we’re usually referring to how things are in BC, Canada, so things might be different where you are.
Watch the entire event
“Cleaning” Video Clips:
Definition of Swedish Death Cleaning
Giving instead of Keeping
Reframing the Difficult Discussions
Who would be better served by this?
Things with emotional or financial value
“Greening” Video Clips:
Why cremation is not greener than burial
What is green burial?
Ways to green your cremation
Alkaline Hydrolysis aka water-based cremation
Ask for Options
Why is Alkaline Hydrolysis not yet legal in BC?
- Book – Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning
- Koru – green burial and cremation services
- Living Reef Memorial – an ecological alternative to traditional burial
- Green Burial BC – list of where you can have a green burial in BC
- Sign the Petition to allow for an Alkaline Hydrolysis option in BC